COVID-19 vaccinations for youngsters ages 5-11 are anticipated for remaining approval by the Meals and Drug Administration within the very close to future, based on the Webster County Well being Division.
As of printing, that approval has not but been finalized. Webster County Well being Division is within the planning part for upcoming Pfizer clinics for youngsters ages 5-11 who would qualify for vaccination. Till the time that remaining approval has been introduced by the FDA and vaccine provide has been distributed, WCHD will proceed to plan and won’t be taking appointments.
Vaccination towards COVID-19 continues to be extraordinarily vital. Prior to now seven days, 65 residents examined constructive (5 p.c positivity charge). Whereas it is a decline from previous weeks, the vast majority of these testing constructive have been youthful (22 p.c ages 0-17, 23 percentages 18-29, 22 p.c ages 30-39.)
WCHD recommends getting a COVID-19 vaccine in your baby as quickly as you’ll be able to.
• COVID-19 vaccines are secure and efficient.
• COVID-19 vaccines have been used beneath probably the most intensive security monitoring in U.S. historical past, which incorporates research in adolescents.
• Your baby will want a second shot of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine three weeks after their first shot.
• Kids and adolescents obtain the identical dosage of Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine as adults. There are not any affected person weight necessities for COVID-19 vaccination, and COVID-19 vaccine dosage doesn’t differ by affected person weight.
• Your baby can’t get COVID-19 from any COVID-19 vaccine.
Webster County COVID-19 statistics reported
Over the previous seven days there have been 65 constructive COVID-19 circumstances reported in Webster County, based on the Iowa Division of Public Well being.
That’s down from the 86 circumstances reported by the state company within the prior seven day interval.
The Division of Public Well being reported that in the latest seven day interval, 5 p.c of the COVID-19 exams administered have been constructive.
The division’s statistics proceed to indicate that the brand new circumstances are largely amongst youthful individuals. These statistics present that 23 p.c of the brand new circumstances are in individuals age 18 to 29.
These age 17 and youthful and people age 30 to 39 every account for 22 p.c of the brand new circumstances.
Because the pandemic started there have been 7,297 COVID-19 circumstances in Webster County.
The Division of Public Well being reported that there have been 111 deaths within the county resulting from COVID-19.
Statistics on the state’s coronavirus website present that 63.2 p.c of the county’s residents who’re eligible for a vaccine are absolutely vaccinated.
Immediately’s breaking information and extra in your inbox